by Hoodoo Psychic Catherine Yronwode
Here are the 17 strongest herbs and roots used in spiritual herbalism to enhance masculine energy, power, and strength. Some of them are also used by women, but some are “for men only.” We are not doctors, and these items are listed strictly for their curiosity value as they were given in a recipe that has been passed down for a number of years for the particular the use of men — and their loving women! — who follow the folkloric traditions of herbalism and herbal folk-magic.
The first 9 ingredients are measured by the TABLESPOON — they are dried roots and herbs that are broken, cut or crushed.
1) 1 tablespoon Sarsaparilla bark, dried, broken
2) 1 tablespoon Chaney Root (another species of Sarsaparilla), dried, broken
3) 1 tablespoon Yohimbe bark, dried, broken
4) 1 tablespoon Sassafras root bark, dried, broken
5) 1 tablespoon Ginseng root, dried, chopped
6) 1 tablespoon Cubeb berries, crushed
7) 1 tablespoon Damiana herb, dried, cut, and sifted
8) 1 tablespoon Alfalfa, dried, cut, and sifted
9) 1 tablespoon Ginkgo leaves, dried, cut and sifted
The next 6 ingredients are by the TEASPOON and are in the form of powder.
10) 1 teaspoon Ginger Powder
11) 1 teaspoon Little John Root (Brown Ginger, Galangal) powder
12) 1 teaspoon Allspice Powder
13) 1 teaspoon Guarana Powder
14) 1 teaspoon Gotu Kola Powder
15) 1 teaspoon Horny Goat Weed (Epemidium) Powder
The next ingredient is WHOLE and entire.
16) One whole Hot Red Pepper Pod (The long kind, medium heat)
The last ingredient is a LIQUID, measured by the QUARTER TEASPOON
17) 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
Place everything in a bottle and cover with Whiskey or Brandy. Let the mixture steep for one month, but shake it up daily, then strain out the solids and bottle in a clean bottle. Take one spoonful daily.
You can learn lots more about how folk-magicians employ natural roots and herbs at Herb-Magic.com and read more about the spiritual uses of herbs at “Hoodoo at a Glance” web page.